WHY I AM RUNNING FOR CITY COUNCIL:
I decided to seek this office because I realize that our wonderful city has come to a critical crossroad. We continue to grow; voters recently defeated an amendment to our Comprehensive Plan that encouraged urbanization and densification; we face traffic issues, and we have now reached a point where it is time for us to decide as a community what we value, how we support our vision and the leadership we need to get there.
Never has it been more important to elect to the City Council a person who can represent your voice; someone who will act only in the best interest of the Village and its bright future. I believe that I am capable of meeting that challenge and I look forward to the work ahead.
While I have held no prior political office, I worked for over 30 years as a distinguished administrator in the Cherry Creek School District where I led many initiatives that improved both teacher and student performance. I took my role to provide stewardship and protection of our community’s interests seriously. I want to ease the traffic congestion on our roads by working effectively with CDOT, other municipalities, and Council to address current as well as future growth and gridlock. I want to protect the charm of our Village and discourage high-density development that threatens the suburban characteristics of the city. Few parcels of land exist in Greenwood Village for development or redevelopment and it is imperative that proposals be carefully researched and measured against our needs for protection of natural resources like water, air quality, and land use.
I will work diligently to restore trust in government. My leadership expertise and experience will help me facilitate collaboration between elected officials and staff. The City Council needs to be transparent and accountable—willing to listen, research proposals, and make decisions that reflect the vision and expectations of our residents.
EDUCATION & BACKGROUND:
- 41 + year resident of Greenwood Village (Cherry Creek Village North)
- University of Denver, PhD. in Educational Leadership
- Cherry Creek School District teacher, Director of Employment, Laredo Middle School Principal and Eaglecrest High School Principal
- 2017 recipient of the prestigious Cherry Creek Schools Legacy Hall of Fame award
- Metropolitan State University visiting professor, School of Education
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development national and international consultant
- University of Colorado at Denver and Colorado Department of Education Alternative Licensure Program author and instructor
- Colorado Children’s Chorale Board of Trustees
- Colorado Symphony Orchestra Education Committee Chair
- Save Our Village Steering Committee member